Week 1: I'm going to start out with an easy one to get us going. Try any new activity this week, and by that I mean something that qualifies as exercise, not a new restaurant ; ) Let us know what you are going to try (a little accountability). Have a great week! I don't think anyone did the challenge last week, so we'll consider this week, week one! No guilt trip or anything, but I did do Body Combat this week ; )
Week 2: This week is all about getting up off our butts! The challenge is to do as many workouts as you can. The winner gets a lovely amazon.com gift certificate for $20...if you don't play, then it's mine, muahhahah!
To participate you have to leave a comment below telling us what workout you did, and how long you did it. At the end of the week, we'll tally up the minutes all of our posts and see who came out on top. I do have trust issues, but we will go on the honor system and not ask for any proof of workouts ; ) But, it would be more fun if you send a little pic or video...just sayin....challenge starts tomorrow!
***I'm changing this to any activity that gets your heart rate up for 20 minutes or more - shoveling snow, parking your car further out and walking, cleaning at a fast pace (set a timer & clean like you have a deadline), playing sports or being active with your kids, washing your car by hand, any sport, dancing, taking the stairs..just try to find ways to move more throughout the day! If you can, buy a pedometer, and we can use it in one of the challenges. If we all have access to a treadmill, we can do that one week.
Here is a way to track all of your activities for the week..check it out!
http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
A little inspiration...she's 71 and still rocks the leotard!
I'm in too! Bring it!! It starts midnight tonight, until midnight next Saturday.
ReplyDeleteI did an hour and a half today. I did 45 minutes on treadmill at 3.6, then 45 minutes on cybex. Are we still doing the picture thing or no since you changed the challenge?
ReplyDeleteWhat did yall do to get those hearts going?!?
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Haley!
ReplyDeleteI actually did 20m of Jam in the middle of the night. Then cleaned my house for an hour this morning (I set the timer for 60m, and pretended like some super critical person was coming by, and cleaned my entire house as fast as I could) My heart rate was in training zone, lol!
Then Megan and I cooked, on our feet,and fast all of our meals for the entire week from 4p-10:30p..seriously..I'm exhausted and my back is killing me! Megan's mom videod us for a second..yeah do take pics still of whatever you're doing! We have an entire week of perfectly balanced healthy meals! Whoot Whoot
That is awesome about the meals!! I was just sitting down trying to figure out what the heck I am going to cook this week. Sometimes I feel like we eat the same things over, and over, and over again. Oh well, what do you do? Good job on all the exercise too!!
ReplyDeleteHaley, are you counting all of your activities for the day, or just the traditional workouts? We are counting everything that gets our heart rate up..so if we do something above the normal and at a faster pace, we're counting it.
ReplyDeleteAbout the menu..I normally start with what I have in the house, and try to find recipes to use what I have on hand. I will always have a roasted or slow cooked meat, and roasted vegetables, with the leftovers I make soup/sandwich combo, and a main dish salad, then I chose another meat and make a couple of recipes from that, usually lean ground beef or turkey. I always include an ethnic meal, whatever I'm craving. I'm actually going to start posting a weekly menu on here, and how to stay under $50/week for a family of 4, and buy organic at the same time. Also, We are thinking about starting the dinner swap club, where each family would make one main dish, and one side in a large batch per week and divide it up among the families. Then we all meet and swap meals.
These are my activity totals so far. You can track everything here http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
ReplyDeleteThese are my totals for this week so far!
3,072 calories in 8 hr 20 min
1 Hour Cleaning - heavy
6 Hrs Cooking
1 Hr Body Pump
20m Body Jam
Hey Guys!
ReplyDeleteHope you burned some calories this week. I'm going to send the gift card tomorrow to the wiener ;o)
Can you post all of your activity for the week (Sun-today) that includes anything that got would burn some calories. I'll post next weeks challenge tonight. You still have time to get your move on!!
I'm posting for Mistala Hammer...
ReplyDeleteCleaned my house 4 hrs
Cardio 20 minutes
Cardio 20 minutes
Cardio 20 minutes
Walked to pick up Sawyer 20 minutes
Swept porch in back 30 mins
That's all this week
5 hrs 50 minutes
These are my totals for the week (Jen)
ReplyDeleteMine doesn't count, but I want to brag about it =D
2 Hour Cleaning - heavy
6 Hrs Cooking
1 Hr Body Pump
20m Body Jam
20m Body Jam
40m Turbo Jam
30m Washing the car by hand
15m Yoga
11 hrs and 5 minutes
The cooking doesn't sound like much, but my arms, back, and legs were sore the next day..and we kept moving the entire time..it counted for sure,lol...I really need to move this much every week just to be at the same activity level most people get in their daily life. I'm sitting at the computer up to 18 hrs a day!! I think I normally burn as many calories as a person who is bed ridden.