Thursday, February 24, 2011

Top 10 Reasons To Exercise In The Morning

This came from an article I tore out of a magazine, not sure which one! Probably "Shape" or "Women's Health". I'm trying to motivate myself to workout in the mornings. This seems impossible for me having a night job and not being a morning person..but  I'll try it!



If I had to pick one major factor that was most important in a successful exercise or
weight loss program, it would be to exercise first thing in the morning - every morning!
Why ?
  1. People who exercise consistently-Exercise in the morning. 
  2. When you exercise early in the morning, it "jump starts" your metabolism and keeps it elevated. That means you're burning more calories throughout the day.
  3. Countless people find that morning exercise "regulates their appetite for the day - that they aren't as hungry and that they make better food choices. 
  4. If you exercise at about the same time every morning, and ideally wake-up at about the same time on a regular basis, will result in better rest at night.
  5. For numerous people, that prearranged time each morning becomes something they look forward to. It's time they've set aside to do something good for themselves - to take care of their body. 
  6. Research has demonstrated that exercise increases mental acuity. 
  7. Exercise first thing in the morning is really the only way to assure that something else won't bump exercise out of your schedule. 
  8. If finding time to exercise is difficult, anyone can get up 30 to 60 minutes earlier to exercise 
  9. It puts you in a healthy mindset to start the day!
  10. You’ll Lose weight

5 comments:

  1. I woke up today with the same thing on my mind. I'm going to try and set an actual schedule instead of a "when I get around to it" kind of workout. It just doesn't work!!! I know if I started my day with working out, I would make better choices, food-wise, throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking the same thing. Something happens almost everyday that derails my schedule. I think it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have no idea how badly i want to stomp my feet around the house and shout at the top of my big girl lungs, "but i don't wanna be a morning person". But I too have come to the realization that it needs to be my priority... I keep putting it off throughout the day. My goal is to get the kids off to school every morning and come home and sweat my bootie off... *gasp* whether i feel like it or not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya! I have the option right now of going back to bed, or working out...after 3 hrs of sleep last night. Boooo!! I've only worked out 1 day this week and it's Friday! So, I'm thinking I'm just going to have to suck it up and get it over with..haha...great attitude, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep won this morning! I couldn't stay awake, but I'm heading to the gym tonight to pump some iron.

    ReplyDelete