Friday, February 4, 2011

To Detox or Not To Detox...

I have been over doing everything for awhile. Over tired, over worked, over stimulated, over fed...I can feel my body rebelling and staging a coup to over throw me, because I can't be trusted to make healthy decisions for myself. I am an all or nothing kind of gal, so a weekend detox seems to be in order. Do you think it's better to just go back to healthy eating and ease back into exercising or go to the extreme and do it bootcamp style?


Here's the plan...it's the one Gwyneth Paltrow follows before a movie and seems pretty balanced
http://www.goop.com/newsletter/15/en/


Another good detox recipe...

Magic Soup


1. Roasted pepper/tomato soup (many brands available)


2. Diced Tofu (I like soft/medium)
3. 1 can beans of your choice (black, kidney)
4. Your favorite frozen veggies (we combine a few different kinds)
5. Frozen spinach (optional, but I think it's bomb)
6. Brown rice (1 1/2 cup cooked)
7. 1 tbsp Cumin (I add more cause I'm obsessed)
8. 1 tbsp red chili powder (not pepper; would be too hot)
9. Ground pepper
10. Dash sea salt

Directions:

1. Combine and cook over medium heat in large pot
2. Serve and eat

I made another variation on Magic Soup last night. 
2 cups roasted vegetables leftover from another meal (sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots onions, garlic)
1/4 cup scallions
1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 cup of unsweetened light coconut milk
32oz box of roasted pepper and tomato soup

Combine and heat. Tastes like an african soup with the coconut. So good! And Briley even ate 2 bowls..he hates vegetables and soup!


Anyone up for a little detox?

3 comments:

  1. Are you still on this? And if so, how is it going?
    I really am anxious to start P90x, I'm just worried about not having worked out at all before starting it.
    I think I'm going to do a series of yoga and yoga booty ballet along with this detox for a week. It doesn't look like much food.. I might end up starving.
    Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting it on Monday. I'm using up all my food this weekend. But, I've been juicing today, and ate way less to get started. I'm making a vegetable soup in the crockpot, miso soup, and going to use up the fruit and vegetable and make some smoothies. I'm going to do the full detox starting Monday. I'm going to walk, if it's not freezing, do yoga, Pump at home, and I might take that Tai Chi class at Gold's..anyway that's the plan..not starving yet, but I have felt my stomach growl for the first time in a week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the magic soup last night, but my own version. It was really good and filling! Meg, you should try it. Tastes like an african soup, and takes about 10m to make.

    ReplyDelete