Monday, February 7, 2011

Favorite PB2 Recipes

As you might can tell..I love me some peanut butter! Especially the peanut and chocolate combo..mmmmm. Here are a few of my new favorite recipes. I adapted this recipe from one I found on a blog. You can be really good or kinda bad, depending on your self control that day...even if you go the naughty route, you don't have to feel guilty...LOVE THAT!! 


Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie

  • 1 scoop Chocolate protein powder (if you don't have protein powder, then use milk or frozen yogurt below)
  • 2 tbsp Peanut Butter Flour (PB2 Chocolate)
  • 1/2 to 1 whole frozen banana (1/2 if you want more like a pb cup)
  • 1 to 2 c (depending on how thick you want it, adjust sweetner if more)  H20 or milk or frozen yogurt (obviously the water will be more figure friendly & it's still good)
  • stevia packet or sweetner of your choice
  • Ice
  • dash sea salt..this is important..it makes it taste more like the candy and it brings out sweetness
  • If you are being really good, you can add flax seeds, and a handful of fresh spinach
  • If you want a little treat, add an actual reese's peanut butter cup, and a little shaved dark chocolate
Blend and Enjoy! Makes about 2 large smoothies. 2 WW points with the water.
Picture of Thai Chicken Wrap with Spicy Peanut Sauce Recipe

Thai Chicken Wrap with Spicy Peanut Sauce

This is a high calorie & fat recipe, but if you substitute the regular PB2, you save a ton! Just follow the directions to reconstitute to a peanut butter consistency. Also, I cut way back on the oil. I use Pam when to saute the chicken, and I use 1 teaspoon instead of 2 T of oil in the sauce. Still good! What I normally do to stretch it into two meals is make the Chicken and Sauce and put it over noodles or rice with some sauteed veg (any asian vegetable like snow peas, onion, scallions, cabbage, bell peppers, mushrooms), then make the the vegetables into a salad...the next day for lunch, I make the wrap with the leftovers..so good!


These are from Biochemista's blog....

Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cupcakes with PB + Banana Frosting:

Combine + mix:

- 6 Scoops Chocolate Protein powder
-1/4 cup PB Flour
- 3/4 cup FF Greek yogurt
~1 cup H20 (depending how thick your protein is)
- 1 egg (or 3 tbsp egg whites)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt


Cook for 20 mins at 400F





















"Frosting": In food processor combine:

- 1/4 cup FF Greek yogurt
- 1/4 block FF cream cheese
- 1 banana
- 2 heaping tbsp PB Flour
- 1 tsp PB
- 3 servings (or packets) stevia
- 1/4 tbsp sea salt


















These are no joke. Probably my greatest protein creation so far!


Enjoy Peanut Butter Lovers

Peanut Butter Apple Crisp heaven

Inspired by Gracie, I decided to create my own version of:

Peanut Butter Apple Crisp (serves 2)

In a large freezer bag, combine and mix:
2 chopped apples
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use SunWarrior)
1/2 cup oats
1 T egg whites
1/2 t cinnamon
Stevia (equal to 3 packets)
Pinch sea salt
H20 to moisten


Combine and gently mix, set aside:
1/2 cup oats (3/4 cup if not using granola)
1/4 cup low-fat granola (I like Galaxy)
2 T unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 t cinnamon
Stevia (equal to 2 packets)
Pinch sea salt
1/8 cup H20 (or enough to mix ingredients)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375F
Spray two baking dishes with non-stick spray
Divide apple mixture equally into two pans
Layer oats/granola mixture on top of apples


Bake covered 45 mins or until apples are soft
Remove top and broil ~3 mins or until top is browned
Drizzle each with 1 T warmed Peanut Butter
Let stand 5 mins
Top with frozen yogurt


Enjoy





















I whipped up this deliciousness: 

PB Chocolate yogurt




3/4 cup FF Greek yogurt, organic cacao, stevia, 2T PB2(reconstituted), fresh strawberries

2 comments:

  1. these look awesome!!! Think I'm going to experiment tomorrow while we're stuck in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the apple crisp last night and making the protein cupcakes today. I'll let you know how they turn out. I love that they are called cupcakes, instead of muffins..makes it feel more like a splurge!

    ReplyDelete