Saturday, February 19, 2011

Menu for the week ~

We are doing a dinner swap each week. The plan is to make a few recipes and double them, and share. We are going to try to make a one pot meat dish each, a vegetarian dish each, one main dish soup, and one main dish salad. Everything as real as we can get it and organic if we can afford it. We cooked together last week and it helped so much. I spent way less than I normally would and saved me so much time. I thought I would share our menu, in case you want to play along =D

Megan is making...



Chicken Masala - It's from a mix, then you add chicken. It will look something like this..YUM!!

moroccan couscous with saffron recipe

Moroccan Couscous  - This is the recipe from Alicia Silverstone's "The Kind Life"

  

Grilled Chicken Salad. Not sure what recipe she will use.

I am making...



Magic Soup  - I really love this recipe. It's so easy and great for you. You can put any leftover veggies in and some chicken instead of the frozen veggies and tofu.



Roast & Vegetables  - Okay, so this isn't the healthiest thing around. But, it's dang good, and better than eating out! I use the leftovers to make stew. I use very little fat and the crock pot makes it fall apart. Does it get any better than that? I think not!


Spicy Lemon Pepper Pasta with Broccoli

Spicy Lemon Pepper Pasta - This is from VeganYumYum. It has a ton of flavor and I use whole wheat noodles with flax. You can add grilled chicken, if you don't like the vegan thing.



I'm also going to make some protein cupcakes, some smoothies, and some breakfast cookies.





Protein Cupcakes

Night before, combine and mix: 1 scoop protein powder, 1 T egg whites, 1/4 t baking powder, stevia, dash sea salt (optional: nuts, 1/2 banana). Spray mug with cooking spray and spoon in mixture. Store in fridge over night. Frosting: 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1 T peanut flour, stevia.
Morning of: Microwave ~1min, 30 seconds & frost cupcake.





Pumpkin Spiced Overnight Oats



1/3 cup oats
1 scoop chocolate [SunWarrior] protein powder
2/3 cup pumpkin (canned, organic)
1 cup Hemp milk (can use any milk)
1 t chia seeds
1 T chopped pecans (for crunch)
1/2 t cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
dash sea salt (to bring out sweetness)
stevia (1 serving)

(Mix and chill overnight. The texture reminds me of a mousse. So filling and decadent!) 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my lord... this is a fantastic idea!!!!!! I wish i had someone local who would want to do this...

    ReplyDelete